Our vision and values
In delivering our purpose, we will put our core values of dignity, fairness and respect at the heart of everything with do. The way we work will be guided by our Charter and the principles of the Social Security (Scotland) Act 2018. Fundamental to our approach will be ensuring that our culture and practices reflect our aspirations for the people we serve and ourselves. This means:
- Developing within Social Security Scotland a positive and inclusive culture, which supports our people to flourish, by embedding a working environment where we all treat each other with dignity and respect, and recognise each other’s contributions.
- Involving our people in shaping our culture, drawing on their wealth of knowledge and experience, helping us to learn from each other and provide everyone with opportunities to influence how we work together.
- Investing in our people and ensuring that they feel valued and motivated, by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and working environment they need to perform at their best.
- Focussing on continuous improvement, by encouraging our people, through on-going dialogue and reflection, to take responsibility for identifying service developments which will inform our culture and business practices.
- Giving colleagues and stakeholders a voice and listening to their views, by promoting a sense of shared purpose and joint ownership where everyone has a role to play in making Social Security Scotland the best we can be, for our people and those we serve.