Salary - £52,355 - £65,276 (plus a £5000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 3 month qualifying period)
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 7th June 2023
Reference - 2023-6101
Employment Type - Permanent
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Cyber Security Engineering Manager to join Social Security Scotland to lead our highly skilled Security Engineering Team in protecting the organisation from cyber threats.
As the Cyber Security Engineering Manager you’ll oversee digital security activities, provide guidance during cyber incidents and provide support to stakeholders to ensure the business is secure and compliant. You’ll also lead, coach and develop a talented team of Cyber Security Engineers who design, build and run the protective monitoring and threat hunting systems which keep our cloud systems safe.
DDaT Pay Supplement
This post attracts a £5,000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 3 months DDaT competency qualifying period. The payment will be backdated to your start date in the role.
Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
• Subject Matter Expert in relation to the Security Logging, Monitoring and Alerting (LMA) environment.
• Leadership of the Security Engineering team responsible for the running of the LMA environment in cooperation with the hosting team.
• Engage and consult with business areas across Social Security Scotland to design and develop their LMA use cases.
• Develop and manage security devices within the cloud environment ensuring that their configuration is always up to date and relevant.
• Manage the forecasting and finances of the security engineering team as part of the overall branch budget
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Cyber Security Engineering Manager in Dundee or Glasgow | Careers at Enterprise House (icims.com)