Salary - £31,542 - £36,129
Location - Various Locations around Scotland
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date -16/08/2022
Reference - ID 2022-3495
Employment Type - Permanent Support
This is an exciting time to join us to support the roll out of Adult Disability Payment. This role will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to help shape the development of this new service and ensure we make the right decisions for our clients.
Social Security Scotland is an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government set up to deliver devolved and new benefits. We deliver Social Security with dignity, fairness and respect to people from all walks of life including carers, young people and people on low incomes.
Adult Disability Payment Practitioner | £31,542 - £36,129 + Pay Supplement | Full or Part Time Hours | Monday – Friday | Flexi- time | No weekends, nights or shift work | | 25 Days Holiday (increasing to 30 after 4 years’ service) plus 11.5 Public and Privilege.
Please note all salaries are subject to Scottish Governments 2022/2023 pay award updates
Who We Are Looking For
This role is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their skills and would suit professionals from a clinical background with knowledge and expertise of working with clients or patients with general health conditions, Mental Health or Learning Disabilities.
We would welcome applications from individuals registered with the NMC or HCPC with a background in Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Clinical Psychology.
Our benefits help people from all walks of life in Scotland. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that is representative of the clients we serve.
• This posts attracts a pay supplement of between £1,500 and £4,500 depending on placement on the salary scale. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review.
• This is a permanent and pensionable appointment. (Health professional staff providing health-assessments and medical opinion in relation to the administration of disability benefits, and who are existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme, will be permitted continued access to the NHS Pension Scheme.)
• Professional membership costs paid by Social Security Scotland.
• You will provide expert advice and decision making support to our Case Managers working on applications for Adult Disability Payment (ADP) which replaces Personal Independence Payment.
• Providing expertise and advice on adult physical health, mental health and learning disabilities to Case Managers, ensuring they are able to make robust and fair decisions and understand how a person’s condition may impact their day to day life and that of their family.
• You will provide advice on a broad range of matters, for example, suggesting what further supporting information about a person’s condition should be obtained to support decision making.
• You will help Case Managers to understand how a person’s condition may impact their day life and that of their family.
• You will contribute to and influence continuous improvement to help shape and develop this new service.
• Engaging with clients, medical and social care professionals to understand the impact of the client’s circumstances and condition and the support in place to help them.
• You will also work closely with the Scottish Government’s Social Security, Health & Social Care Directorates to ensure that devolved disability benefits reflect Ministerial ambitions to provide a fair system of Social Security that prioritises the dignity, fairness and respect of clients.
• Participate in audit and peer review activities as required by Social Security Scotland and Scottish Ministers.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Social Security Scotland - Jo (icims.com)