Salary - £39,659 - £47,485
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 31st May 2022 at midnight
Reference - ID2022-2935
Employment Type - Permanent
Social Security Scotland's Live Service team is responsible for the maintenance and further development of the live benefit services being delivered to clients. The team is multi-disciplinary and brings together a vast range of skills and expertise to ensure that clients are at the centre of the design and development of all continuous improvement activity.
This post attracts a £4000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 9 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
What do we offer you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best talent.
• B3 - Salary between £39,659 - £47,485
• Flexible working arrangements with potential of up to 4 days off per month
• You will have an annual leave allowance of 5 weeks, rising to 6 weeks after 4 years. In addition, the Scottish Government observes 11½ days public and privilege holidays, dates of which are set annually
• Workplace adjustments for everyone that needs them to ensure you’re comfort and safety in your new role
• Learning and development opportunities to support your personal and professional growth
• Career progression –join a rapidly growing and developing organisation with excellent opportunities for career advancement
• Contributory Pension Scheme (employee contributions 5.45% employer contributions 27.1 - 27.9%)
• Health and wellbeing support including 24 hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme, plus counselling support available for all
Social Security Scotland is an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government.
Our benefits help people from all walks of life in Scotland. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that is representative of the clients we serve.
This job will initially be based remotely (working from home) with occasional days in an office location. In the near future we will be trialling and implementing a hybrid working approach, where colleagues will be expected to use a mix of office based and remote working depending on the requirements of the role.
A Senior Content Designer is an expert practitioner who develops content strategy and solutions for large-scale problems and high-profile events. At this level you will:
• take responsibility for content quality, manage small teams and mentor content colleagues
• write and map user stories
• review the work of others to assure quality lead on cross-government content projects
• engage with and contribute to the cross-government content community
• Works autonomously to create and iterate content for end-to-end services that makes complex language and processes easy to understand and directs others in the pursuit of this as needed.
• Understands and implements as needed appropriate content styles and standards.
• Identifies, analyses, manages and monitors relationships with and between stakeholders, using evidence to explain decisions made and balancing competing priorities.
• Leads the design and implementation of content strategies, directing the evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure business requirements are being met.
• Works with user researchers to understand the needs of people accessing or delivering services, identifying who they are and what their needs are based on evidence.
• Prioritises and defines approaches to understanding user stories, guiding others in doing so, and proposes design approaches or services to meet these needs.
• Offers recommendations on the best content design tools and methods to use.
• Plan and develop content for required projects across Social Security Scotland
• Review content produced by others against relevant standards and guidelines
Additional duties of this role
• Participate in and/or support programme and project assurance activities.
• Contribute to the DDaT community by participating in events and reviewing processes, tools and guidance.
• Line management of more junior content designers
Other duties as required by Live Service to support wider corporate activities.
Here are details of the Competencies required for this role and you will be tested against these competencies if you are invited to attend the interview/assessment.
• People management
• Communications and engagement
• Improving performance
• Analysis and use of evidence
No formal qualifications required.
To apply for this post, you will need to provide the information requested below via the online application process.
A CV (no longer than two pages) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements - this is accessed through the candidate profile.
In additional please record your Personal Statement (no longer than 750 words explaining why you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience suitable for this role, with particular reference to the essential criteria below.
1. Extensive experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of planning and creating accessible user-centred content
2. Proven experience in using data and user feedback to define and refine content
3. Proven experience of managing relationships with stakeholders
4. Experience in working with web content publishing systems.
When considering how your experience relates to the role, please tailor your CV and personal statement to reflect the role and the essential skills/criteria as described in the job description/person specification
When reviewing your application, we will be assessing your career history and achievements against the essential criteria for the role. We’re looking for examples of things you have previously achieved or your knowledge in a particular field which are relevant to the role.
Where the criteria states that you must hold a qualification, you need only state that you do or do not hold the qualification and provide any other information you feel relevant.
In the event that further posts are required, a reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for up to 9 months.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Senior Content Designer in | Careers at SOCSEC - Dundee House (icims.com)