Salary - £65,275 - £75,341
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 Hours
Closing Date - 26th May 2022
Reference - ID2022-2987
Employment Type - Permanent
Our reward scheme includes:
Social Security Scotland is an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government.
Our benefits help people from all walks of life in Scotland. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that is representative of the clients we serve.
This job will initially be based remotely (working from home) with occasional days in an office location.
We are currently trialling and implementing a hybrid working approach, where colleagues will be expected to use a mix of office based and remote working (working from home) depending on the requirements of the role.
The Live Service Manager will be responsible for:
• Ensuring Social Security Scotland Live Services are operating as per design and that emerging incidents and defects are prioritised and resolved with minimal impact on our Clients or Operational service teams.
• Working across the organisation and closely with the Social Security Scotland Programme, to assure the operationally deliver of Live Services, whilst developing an intimate understanding of the detailed digital design and service patterns.
• Lead a multi-disciplinary team of specialists responsible for the analysis of incidents, defects and the delivery of solutions and fixes into Live Service using Agile delivery techniques.
• Developing and maintaining the long-term vision and objectives for the team, working collaboratively with the other Live Service Manager to ensure alignment.
• Anticipating how the team will develop and scale to the growing portfolio of responsibility that will sit within Social Security Scotland.
• Supporting the Head of Service Development discharge their Transition accountabilities, working collaboratively with colleagues across Social Security Scotland and Social Security Scotland Programme to build a framework for the safe transition of benefit services into our formal responsibility, ensuring adequate knowledge transfer.
• Promoting and managing the continuous improvement of the Maintenance of Live Services by engaging the wider stakeholders to develop and mature prioritisation and escalation processes.
• Providing visibility and assurance to Social Security Scotland senior and executive management on the activity of the team, ensuring that the rationale for all strategic decision making is made visible and given the appropriate scrutiny.
• Continually review capacity and capability aligned with business priorities, actively develop strategies to improve skills via coaching and direction whilst also recruiting fresh talent within limitation of budget constraints.
• Lead that development of annual budget forecasts to ensure budget requests have full justification and are aligned to business priorities.
• Ensuring the risks and issues of the team are captured and managed with effective mitigation strategies and escalated and made visible as appropriate.
Here are details of the Competencies required for this role and you will be tested against these competencies if you are invited to attend the interview/assessment:
Communication and Engagement
Analysis and Use of evidence
DDAT Technical Skill Assessment
No formal qualifications required.
To apply for this post, you will need to provide the information requested below via the online application process.
A CV (no longer than two pages) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements - this is accessed through the candidate profile.
In additional please record your Personal Statement (no longer than 750 words) explaining why you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience suitable for this role, with particular reference to the essential criteria below.
1. Experience of supporting complex Digital Eco-Systems and delivering maintenance releases under pressure whilst incorporating business and technical challenge, using mainly Agile project delivery methodologies.
2. Excellent communication skills and extensive experience of building successful stakeholder relationships across large programmes and organisations, to ensure delivery.
3. Must have a strong technical background with significant experience of software development lifecycles, release management processes and a firm understanding of software configuration management.
4. Strong analytical experience, must be able to interpret and validate complex information from multiple sources and consider how they impact on a broad range of business functions. Have experience of using data to design and deliver business solutions to complex problems.
When considering how your experience relates to the role, please tailor your CV and personal statement to reflect the role and the essential skills/criteria as described in the job description/person specification
When reviewing your application, we will be assessing your career history and achievements against the essential criteria for the role. We’re looking for examples of things you have previously achieved or your knowledge in a particular field which are relevant to the role.
Where the criteria states that you must hold a qualification, you need only state that you do or do not hold the qualification and provide any other information you feel relevant.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at Live Service Manager in DUNDEE | Careers at DUNDEE HOUSE (icims.com)