Salary - £39,659.00 - £47,485.00
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 6th June 2022 at Midnight
Reference - ID2022-3087
Employment Type - Permanent
The Chief Digital Office (CDO) division within the Social Security directorate is delivering an ambitious digital programme to support the transfer of welfare powers to the Scottish Government, whilst also supporting the strategy of a leading digital organisation and ensuring Scotland becomes a leading digital nation. The Division is has operation bases in both Glasgow and Dundee.
This post attracts a £4,000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 9 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be responsible for the definition and investigation of operational needs, assisting in the recommendations of service improvements and business solutions. You should have a good understanding of strategic arenas and leads large and complex projects.
- Planning and leading large areas of Business Analysis delivery, owning the challenge and driving through to conclusions. Investigating operational and business needs and problems and assisting in the recommendation of service improvement and business solutions.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders to build strong working relationships.
- Delivering business analysis products (documentation) in accordance with project requirements, including pre- and post-project work such as contributing to impact analysis and benefits management.
- Work closely with the Service Design Team to define an approach to meet the customer needs.
- Support the identification of options to deliver enhanced outcomes for citizens and organisations through better use of technology. Support the development of associated benefits metrics.
- Clearly define, document and ensure sign off of business requirements in both the business and technical environments
- Providing effective consultancy and advice to customers and stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining a deep understanding and awareness of Social Security Scotland operations function and helping stakeholders to explore technology and process improvements that will allow them to more effectively execute their roles.
- Supporting project teams during all phases of the project delivery lifecycle including performing and advising on acceptance testing and preparing and delivering training and handover material.
- Technical analysis in order to work with ITC colleagues in the design of system solutions that meet, for example, policy, legislative, corrective or enhancement change requirements.
- Contribute to the Social Security Scotland continuous improvement approach and evaluating and incorporating improvement suggestions into projects.
- Collaborating with other professions within scope of the delivery to embed the Business Analysis role and value in the context of a project and multidisciplinary team.
- Document the business guides to support process and IT systems
- Have people management responsibilities and support mentoring across teams
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Senior Business Analyst in DUNDEE or GLASGOW | (icims.com)