Salary - £49,861 - £62,167
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date -
26th May 2022 at Midnight
Reference - ID2022-3102
Employment Type - Permanent
Join our Solutions Architecture Practice of more than 20 fellow architects. Help us shape our future working on a modern technology landscape built around the use of public cloud and Software as a Service. We operate in an architectural style that supports agility and values self-organisation, within a framework of guardrails, standards and shared working practices.
Social Security Scotland, in partnership with Hays Technology, are looking to recruit Solutions Architects. For further details about this incredible opportunity and to apply please contact Atibhee Kapoor firstname.lastname@example.org / 0333 010 5633
This post attracts a £4,000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 9 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
- Work as a team member of agile delivery teams or more traditional project teams and engage to understand and identify their context and scope of technical needs, then deliver the design for appropriate solution/technical architectures.
- Regularly collaborate and find agreement with peers and senior stakeholders, providing technical leadership, direction and challenge. Where necessary resolve conflicting interests and requirements in order to establish a consensus.
- Be proactive in identifying problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood
- Take on duties attached to roles within the Architecture Practice, such as being a Segment Lead for a group of related architectural work across teams and the group of architects involved.
- Take ownership for implementing continuous improvement initiatives in the Architecture Practice.
- Contribute to the development of Social Security Scotland CDO Architectural strategies.
- Provide a technical assurance function in support of Social Security Scotland governance activities.
- Act as the technical authority in information gathering and scene setting with stakeholders and managers.
- Undertake rigorous analysis to develop an understanding of solution and technology options to recommend the most appropriate approach across different environments and operating models.
- Act as consultant and ‘critical friend’ on best practice use of technology.
- Take ownership of technical architecture deliverables across the project lifecycle and ensure that solutions fit into the organisation’s technical landscape, meets established design patterns, standards, guardrails and architectural principles; highlight gaps and risks.
- Collaborate with colleagues in cyber security to ensure security by design.
- Review technical proposals from external suppliers and make implementation recommendations.
- Take an open and collaborative approach to working and sharing knowledge.
- Support colleagues with technical expertise where required.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Solutions Architect in DUNDEE or GLASGOW | (icims.com)