Salary - £49,861 to £62,167
Location - Glasgow or Dundee
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 25th May 2022 at Midnight
Reference – ID2022-3103
Employment Type - Permanent
Are you looking to begin or grow a career in IT architecture? Or perhaps you are currently working as an architect and looking for a new challenge? Social Security Scotland has an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Architect to join the team and drive our young and growing organisation further forward, developing strategies, improving its business processes and shaping the future of its technology, all making a positive impact on our clients’ lives. You may already be working as an analyst and looking to step up into a more senior design role, or you may be a technical architect with a desire to work on an enterprise-wide canvas. In any case you can expect to work with a friendly, dynamic, talented and self-motivated team with a great opportunity to apply your experience and ideas and make direct and tangible improvements to the services we deliver to our clients and colleagues.
Social Security Scotland, in partnership with Hays Technology, are looking to recruit Enterprise Architects. For further details about this incredible opportunity and to apply please contact Atibhee Kapoor firstname.lastname@example.org / 0333 010 5633
This post also attracts a £4,000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 9 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
• Engage with internal projects and partners to understand and identify their scope and needs, then design appropriate enterprise architectures.
• Regularly collaborate and find agreement with senior stakeholders, providing direction and challenge.
• Proactively identify problems and translate these into non-technical descriptions that can be widely understood.
• Act as the enterprise architecture domain expert in information gathering and scene setting with stakeholders and managers.
• Support a domain assurance function in support of Social Security governance activities based on rigorously defined and tested principles and standards.
• Contribute to the development of Social Security CDO Architectural strategies.
• Build and maintain a deep understanding of Social Security Scotland’s business strategy, and leverage that understanding to identify suitable solution and technology options, and the roadmaps for their implementation.
• Undertake rigorous analysis to develop an understanding of solution and technology options to recommend the most appropriate approach across different environments, operating models and organisational design.
• Act as ‘critical friend’ to clients on best practice use of technology within an overarching Architecture Strategy.
• Contribute to the establishment of an innovative culture of continuous delivery and improvement and provide guidance on Architectural Governance, Digital and Technology Strategy and Organisational Design.
• Responsible for production of enterprise architecture deliverables across the project lifecycle and curation of those deliverables beyond implementation.
• Collaborate with colleagues in cyber security to ensure that architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure.
• Review technical proposals from external suppliers and provide input into implementation recommendations.
• Work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment and understand and apply agile methods with partners where appropriate.
• Take an open and collaborative approach to working and sharing knowledge.
• Support colleagues with enterprise architecture domain expertise where required.
• Contribute to the iterative, value-driven development of an Enterprise Practice within the wider CDO Architecture team
• Act as consultant to, and a communicator between, both technical and non-technical audiences and stakeholders.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Enterprise Architect in GLASGOW or DUNDEE | Careers at SOCIAL SECURITY (icims.com)