Salary - £65,275 - £75,341 (plus £5,000 DDaT pay supplement)
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 1st September 2022 at midnight
Reference - 2022-3506
Employment Type - Permanent
Do you have a passion for quality and a desire to influence decisions that will shape the future of testing in the largest and most complex IT and digital change programme since devolution?
Social Security Scotland, an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government, is undertaking the largest and most complex IT and digital change programme since devolution. With a lifetime budget of over £300m, Social Security Scotland is delivering a social security system that will support the people of Scotland for decades to come. Due to the demands of this exciting programme of work, the Agency is currently experiencing rapid growth and we require more incredible digital experts to join us to help realise our ambitions.
The Test Lead role will sit within Social Security Scotland’s Chief Digital Office (CDO), which has a remit to provide infrastructure and systems to support both the wider social security programme and Social Security Scotland, including:
• Engineering & Cloud Services
• Technologies and Platforms
• Digital Risk and Cyber Protection
• Operational Delivery and Capability
• Service Management & Service Development
We aim to develop within Social Security Scotland, a positive and inclusive culture, which supports our people to flourish, by embedding a working environment where we all treat each other with dignity and respect, and recognise each other’s contributions.
This post attracts a £5000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 3 months DDaT competency qualifying period. The payment will be backdated to your start date in the role. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
• Lead on the implementation of Social Security Test Practice’s Test Strategy across Social Security Scotland.
• Work with Social Security Programme to define and embed a test organisation within Social Security Scotland, compliant with the overall People Strategy and Test Practice design.
• Lead, and have management responsibility for, a team of test specialists within Chief Digital Office, including Test Managers, Test Engineers, Quality Analysts and Automation Testers.
• Responsibility for talent management, succession planning and supplier management across the organisation’s test management discipline.
• Have responsibility for promoting and advocating test best practice across Social Security Scotland and for promoting a culture of collective responsibility for quality and testability in design.
• Work closely with Social Security Scotland and Social Security Programme stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to ensure that test coverage across the Live Service function is appropriate, understood and robustly evidenced – together with ensuring schedules are planned well in advance of deployment and progress is maintained.
• Oversee the implementation of tools to support testing activities across the Agency, according to the Test Tooling Strategy – including but not limited to test tools for recording / evidencing the execution of manual tests, bug tracking, monitoring progress on test execution and providing test MI to stakeholders.
• Ensure that there is sufficient short, medium and long-term capacity and capability within Social Security Scotland’s test organisation to meet demand, according to Programme and Service Transition plans, and expected demand across the Live Service function.
• Have responsibility for the approval, oversight and participation in Quality Gate decision meetings to ensure test activities commence with appropriate approvals and the risk position is articulated and understood.
• Embrace change and encourage others to embrace a culture of continuous improvement and change within multiple delivery workstreams.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Test Lead in | Careers at SOCSEC - Enterprise House (icims.com)