Salary - £33,120 - £37,936
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 21st December 2022 at Midnight
Reference - ID2022-5046
Employment Type - Permanent
Are you an experienced, motivated, forward-thinking procurement professional? Are you a good negotiator and an excellent communicator? Do you have strong analytical, problem solving and risk management skills?
If so, we'd love to hear from you. We are looking for new team members with expert knowledge of procurement to enable us to deliver benefits to citizens.
These posts are within the Procurement & Commercial Branch which sits within the Finance and Corporate Services division of Social Security Scotland, an executive agency of the Scottish Government established in September 2018. The procurement & commercial branch provides procurement advice & support to Social Security Scotland.
The post holders will be led by a B3 Senior Portfolio Specialist who will report to a C1 Portfolio Manager. The post will be based at Agnes Husband House, Dundee or 220 High Street, Glasgow.
• Strategy Development and Implementation- Leading the development, planning and implementation of commodity strategies for low to medium value, low/medium risk procurements optimising
value for money across Social Security Scotland.
• Formulating and implementing innovative procurement strategies- Undertake complete end-to-end procurement process from initial conception, through full EU procurement process to contract award.
• Stakeholder Management- Work effectively with a range of customers within the Central Government public sector to deliver credible procurement strategies and contracts.
• Contract & Supplier Management- Active supplier management and customer engagement during the contract lifecycle; review and revise contracts using product and market knowledge. Support development of Procurement MI, creating and developing procurement spend and savings reports to support internal reporting to the five divisions in Social Security Scotland
• Flexibility- Work flexibly both within the Division and across the Agency.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Procurement Portfolio Specialist in Dundee | Careers at Agnes Husband House (icims.com)