Salary - £41,642 - £49,860
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 6th December 2022 at Midnight
Reference - ID2022-5117
Employment Type - Permanent
Are you a dynamic, highly motivated technician with the ability to work under pressure? Do you have a well-honed aptitude to problem solving and service optimisation? Do your strengths include collective-ownership, collaboration, motivation toward achieving and maintaining high quality standards?
Social Security Scotland, in partnership with Hays Technology, are looking to recruit 4 Cloud Engineers.
The Chief Digital Officer (CDO) division is responsible for delivering the infrastructure, capability and digital solutions that will support Social Security Scotland. The Cloud Engineer role will be within the Engineering and Cloud service branch focussed on the maintenance and delivery of our AWS hosting platform. There will be regular interaction with colleagues in the CDO Architecture team, Cyber Security Team, Applications Development teams and a number of suppliers involved in the provision of the Division’s software and infrastructure.
• In a team of infrastructure specialists and engineers ensuring services are integrated, delivered and operated as required
• Working with technical architects to translate architectural designs into operations
• On-going build and maintenance of the Social Security infrastructure environments
• The creation of the Social Security Cloud infrastructure, utilising appropriate tools for identifying and correcting complex issues.
• Planning and scheduling of appropriate cloud infrastructure releases in line with release and change management procedures.
• Develop the necessary pipelines and tooling to support the Social Security DevOps cloud practices.
• Maintaining knowledge of this area of the ICT specialism, to suggest enhancements or modernisation where and when applicable.
• The post holder(s) will also be required to stay informed of developments in other areas of technology which have a bearing on the provision of services for the Social Security Programme and Agency.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Cloud Engineer in Dundee | Careers at Enterprise House (icims.com)