Salary - £33,120 - £37,936 (plus a £2,000 post-specific recruitment and retention Pay Supplement, rising to £3,250 after 12 months satisfactory service).
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 12th June 2023 at Midnight
Reference - ID2023- 6279
Employment Type - Permanent
Are you a strong communicator looking for a new role in internal communications? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join the award winning Internal Communications Team at Social Security Scotland. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering effective internal communication plans that help inform, inspire and engage our colleagues.
The Internal Communications Team is part of the wider Strategic Communications and Marketing function in Social Security Scotland. Our principle role is to provide professional communication advice to senior leaders to plan communications for priority work. We design, develop and deliver these communication campaigns for our colleagues through a range of internal communication channels.
This post attracts a £2,000 post-specific recruitment and retention Pay Supplement, rising to £3,250 after 12 months satisfactory service. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review
As an Internal Communications Manager, you will provide account management to key business areas. You’ll work with leaders to develop effective communication plans, and ensure that activity is coordinated and aligned to wider corporate strategies.
What will I be doing?
• Work proactively with key business areas to provide credible and authoritative communications advice and support to senior leaders
• Use insight and analysis to develop and deliver creative communications plans across the organisation. You’ll advise on the best messages, methods and channels to reach and influence audiences
• Source, write, edit and manage high quality content for a range of Social Security Scotland internal channels. This includes intranet articles, line manager briefings, colleague messages, and strategic advice for senior leaders
• Plan and deliver a range of hybrid, virtual, and in person colleague events
• Monitor campaign metrics, helping to identify best practice and ways to help the team continue to improve our offer
• Work flexibly with colleagues in our creative services and media relations teams to deliver an integrated external and internal communications model across multiple platforms and channels.
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Internal Communications Manager in Dundee and Glasgow| Careers (icims.com)