Salary - £52355 - £65,276 (plus a £5000 Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) pay supplement after a 3 month qualifying period)
Location - Dundee or Glasgow
Hours - 37 hours per week
Closing Date - 12th June 2023 at Midnight
Reference - ID2023-6236
Employment Type - Permanent
Product Owner | Hybrid Working with Glasgow or Dundee Base Location | £52355 - £65276 + £5,000 DDaT Pay Supplement after 3 month qualifying period | Full or Part Time Hours | Flexi- time | 25 Days annual leave (increasing to 30 after 4 years’ service) plus 11.5 Public and Privilege| Contributory Pension Scheme (employee contributions 5.45% employer contributions 27.1 - 27.9%)
Join our Chief Digital Office division as a Product Owner and support the exciting and transformative work of Social Security Scotland. Help us deliver an ambitious digital programme to transfer welfare powers to the Scottish Government and make Scotland a leader in the digital world.
As a Product Owner in our Engineering and Cloud team, you'll be responsible for developing and delivering cloud and hosting services, along with their supporting technologies and processes. We offer a great opportunity to enhance your skills and advance your career in a relaxed work environment.
DDaT Pay Supplement
This post attracts a £5,000 DDAT pay supplement after a 3 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession, you will join the professional development scheme, currently BCS RoleModel plus
As a Product Owner you'll play a key role in identifying and prioritising work to improve our systems, so attention to detail and excellent communication skills are a must.
• Lead multiple cross-functional teams/scrum masters, using agile methodologies, to organize, prioritise and assess work, managing the full product life cycle ensuring value delivered
• Develop and own the vision for assigned product or products, ensuring that vision is aligned to the Agency’s strategic objectives and core values and supported by key stakeholders
• Use the vision to drive prioritisation of development opportunities which a multi-disciplinary delivery team will use to iterate the current services to meet the needs of users
• Establish, define and present a coherent representation of both internal and external user priorities within the delivery team and ensure this is used to drive all decision making
• Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions ensuring they reflect user needs
• Develop and own the product roadmap and ensure that it is effectively communicated to stakeholders and interested parties via appropriate comms channels and governance
• Ensure that all work undertaken and solutions delivered meet the Digital First Service Standards
• Understand the relationship between their specific products and the wider systems and processes that comprise the Social Security Scotland service offering, reflecting this within their area
• Write options appraisals, provide input to business cases and provide information that enable the Agency to choose appropriate delivery options and/or procure technology and services
• Communicate credibly with a wide range of stakeholders, within Scottish Government and Partner organisations
Social Security Scotland are a Disability Confident Employer. We will consider and implement any reasonable adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment process and during the course of your employment, should you be successful in securing a post. If you feel you may require assistance with any part of our recruitment process, please contact us at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at: Product Owner | Careers at Social Security Scotland (icims.com)