Salary £39,312 - £47,065 (This post also attracts a DDaT Pay Supplement of £4,000 per annum pro rata)
Location Dundee or Glasgow
Hours Around 37.00 per week
Closing Date 02 December 2021 at midnight
Reference IRC89238 E
Employment Type Permanent Employee
We are currently seeking applications for a Security and Information Risk Advisor within Social Security Scotland based in Dundee or Glasgow. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
DDaT Pay Supplement
This post attracts a £4,000 DDaT (Digital Data and Technology) pay supplement after a 9 month competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review. This post is part of the Scottish Government DDaT profession. As a member of the profession you will join the professional development system, currently BCS RoleModelplus.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead on technical projects as the security representative. The post holder will provide pragmatic security and information assurance advice to a range of stakeholders including business areas and the wider Scottish public sector. A security qualification or professional security certification is desirable but relevant experience will be considered.
As a SIRA you will be the security representative in a multi-disciplinary agile team responsible for developing the technical solution for the administration of devolved benefits.
The Security and Information Risk Advisor (SIRA) is responsible for overseeing information risk management policy across the Social Security Scotland and co-ordinating risk assessment activities on behalf of the Senior Information Risk Owner.
• Demonstrable experience of providing advice to a range of stakeholders on security standards and policy such as the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework, ISO/IEC27001:2013, Cyber Essentials, PCI DSS, Cyber Resilience Framework
• Demonstrable experience of undertaking Information Security Risk assessments in-line with industry best practise methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills and experience of communicating to different audiences, including senior management, with the ability to describe technical issues in non-technical manner.
• Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects and initiatives with limited supervision; working effectively across multiple stakeholder groups, geographies and service lines.
What We Do For You
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Salary between £39,312 and £47,065 plus a DDaT allowance of £4,000 after 9 months
• Contributory Pension Scheme (employee contribution 5.45% and employers contribution 27.1%)
• 36.5 days annual leave (including public and privilege holidays) (increasing to 41.5 after 4 years)
• Weekly Hours: 37 Hours
• Flexible working arrangements with potential of up to 4 days off a month
• Professional – Member of Digital Data and Technology Profession
Important Information Regarding Interviews
In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview as well as a personal device of choice with an account registered to the 'Webex' app by which you can undertake the interview/assessment if selected. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds to undertake the interview. This will then ensure that there are no issues incurred during the interview.
More information about the role and how to apply is available at https://applications.work-for-...