Job Start Payment roadshow events for stakeholders
6 February 2020
new payment is launching this spring to help young people with the costs
associated with the transition into employment after a period of time out of
Job Start Payment will be a payment of £250 (£400 for a young person with children). This will be available to those between the age of 16 to 24 who have been out of paid work and receiving a low income benefit for six months prior to finding employment.
In its first year, around 5,000 young people could benefit from this financial support.
More information about Job Start Payment can be found on the Scottish Government website.
We want to make sure you have as much information as possible about Job Start
Payment before it launches and will be running a series of stakeholder roadshow events
in February and March.
These events can be booked via Eventbrite by searching for Social Security Scotland or by selecting your preferred date below.
- Thursday 13 February - Falkirk
- Friday 14 February - Glasgow
- Tuesday 18 February - Dundee
- Wednesday 19 February - Dunfermline
- Tuesday 25 February - Aberdeen
- Wednesday 26 February - Inverness
- Friday 28 February - Edinburgh
- Monday 2 March - Hamilton
- Wednesday 4 March - Greenock
- Thursday 5 March - Lochgilphead
- Tuesday 10 March - Kilmarnock
- Wednesday 11 March - Dumfries
The latest statistics on Best Start Grant and Best Start Foods
11 February 2020Read previous article on The latest statistics on Best Start Grant and Best Start Foods
180 more jobs with Social Security Scotland
29 January 2020Read next article on 180 more jobs with Social Security Scotland