Getting ready to launch Adult Disability Payment
On Monday 21 March, we will launch a pilot for Adult Disability Payment. This will be open to people living in Dundee City, Western Isles and Perth and Kinross who are applying for disability assistance for the first time. It will act as a final check to make sure that our new processes and systems are ready for a national roll out in August 2022.
In preparation for this pilot launch, our systems will be updated and there will be a reduced service for clients before the launch.
To do this we need to undertake some technical updates to our systems. This means that from Friday 18th March and over the weekend of 19th March we will be offering a reduced service for our clients.
Pre-arranged visits from our local delivery team will continue to take place on Friday 18 March.
- From 6pm on Thursday 17 March our online application service for clients will not be available.
- Our telephony and webchat services will remain available from 8am to 6pm for general enquires around eligibility to our benefits and signposting to support services.
- Clients will be able to make applications for our benefits over the phone during that time.
- Clients will be able to make online applications for all our Low Income Benefits as normal from afternoon of Friday 18 March.
- Pre-arranged visits from our local delivery team will continue to take place on Friday 18 March.
- Child Disability Payment online applications will be unavailable until Monday 21 March. Unfortunately, due to the complexity of Child Disability Payment applications, it will not be possible to take these over the phone during that time.
We will return to a full service from 8am on Monday 21 March.