Summary of the group: David Wallace as Chief Executive has direct relationships with Shona Robison MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Social Justice, Housing and Local Government and Ben Macpherson MSP, Minister for Social Security and Local Government because Social Security Scotland delivers services on behalf of Scottish Ministers.
Social Security Scotland is also part of the Scottish Government and there needs to be a strong link between the two. The role of the Portfolio Sponsor is to provide the connection between David as Chief Executive and the relevant Portfolio within Scottish Government.
The Director for Social Security acts in the capacity of a Portfolio Sponsor in representing our interests within Scottish Government and to Scottish Ministers.
Stephen Kerr, Director for Social Security, currently carries out this role of Portfolio Sponsor and meets regularly with our Chief Executive and the Executive Team.
More detail about the role of Portfolio Sponsor can be found in Section 18 of the Framework Document.
Frequency of meetings: every six weeks
- Stephen Kerr, Director for Social Security (Portfolio Sponsor), Scottish Government (Chair)
- David Wallace, Chief Executive
- James Wallace, Deputy Director of Finance and Corporate Services
- Ally MacPhail, Deputy Director of Strategy, Change, Data and Engagement
- Janet Richardson, Deputy Director of Client Service Delivery
- Professor Paul Knight OBE, Head of Health and Social Care Operations
- Andy McClintock, Chief Digital Officer
- Kirsten Sweeney, Strategic Communications Lead